Copyediting Services and Pricing
I work as a freelance editor while I am finishing the last year of my degree. I am studying Professional Writing and English. Throughout my education, I have had hands-on experience with editing as well as freelance jobs along the way. I take pride in the work I do and will return your work to you in a timely fashion.
When copyediting your piece, I will:
- work directly on your Word document using Track Changes so you can see the changes I make and give you the option of agreeing with them or keeping them as you had it. If I am working on a hard copy, I will use standard proofreading marks.
- check for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation.
- read for clarity and consistency and smooth out the language as needed.
- use the style guide of your publisher (if applicable) or the Chicago Manual of Style.
- create a style sheet to go with your manuscript (if applicable).
- place style tags on your document (if applicable).
I want to help you make your project the best it can be. My general rate is $4/page for copyediting. However, I like to see a few pages of your piece and discuss the level of editing desired before setting a final price. We can then set a price that works for both of us.
Book, webpage, paper, manuscript, whatever your project may be, I will provide you with the quality editing you are looking for. If your project requires proofreading or content editing, please contact me and we can work out a rate that suits the needs of the project. My goal is to be flexible about how I can best help you, so let me know what you need!
You can use the contact page to send me a message about your project and I will respond with an email within one business day.